What would be the best way to analyze poor performance of a web application?
- Is there a checklist to consider?
- What are the best tools to use?
- How and what kind of logs do we need to collect?
- Is the performance related to the application layer, database layer or resource related?
- Once we managed to trace the bottleneck what tools are available to help to understand the root cause.
One of our developers noticed something pretty cool, which could lead us to poor performance for no reason.
Here are some clues:
- Think of Windows update
- Think of multiple users connected to the server via RDP
- Think of svchost.exe 100% usage problem
Do you get the picture?
If not check this article.